- Pay Rate:
Up to £24.71 per hour PAYE, depending on ability
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- STOKE ON TRENT,
Full Job Title: Interim Registered Care Manager – Children's Services
Reference no: Stoke 5208673
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Manage and develop the delivery of The Small Group Home Model via dual registration in a defined area of service by organising, leading, motivating and ensuring the supervision of the teams.
To ensure the delivery and operation of a range of high quality, cost effective services to meet individual need.
To develop performance management systems within the team and ensure the achievement of performance targets.
To contribute, review and implement Directorate and corporate development agenda.
To work within the SAFER model of practice and oversee and embed its application in practice.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 5 Registered Managers award or, equivalent Managers award that is recognised by Ofsted
- Ability to be registered with Ofsted as a Registered Manager Dual Registered Manager
- Ability to meet exceptional circumstances for Dual registration
- Good level of knowledge around the Social Care Common Inspection Framework, The quality Standards and Regulations from the Care Standards Act
- Extensive knowledge around a Therapeutic approach and its application in practice
- Knowledge and understanding of SCCIF
- Thorough knowledge of effective multi-agency working and the ability to form, maintain relationships and where necessary appropriate challenge.
- Extensive knowledge of Child Care legislation and relevant national policies and guidance and its application to differing context.
- Sound skills & knowledge of child protection enquiries, care planning and sound understanding of the principle and direct application of the Deprivation of Liberty Orders.
- Robust knowledge of child development and the influence on assessment and planning
- Extensive knowledge of Reflective supervision approaches and its application in practice.
- Extensive experience and practice within in line the Children Home Regulations 2015
- Experience of managing a Key inspection
- Experience of managing and developing the delivery of quality services to children and their families within an environment of competing priorities and finite resources.
- Experience of performance monitoring and management including Regulation 45
- Experience of business planning.
- Experience of the use of Quality Assurance tools and processes.
- Experience in communicating clearly difficult and complex information to a range of audiences at differing levels within the organisation and externally
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Able to meet fully the requirement of the post and cover the geographical area required, either by possession of a valid driving licence and access to public or other transport in line with the Equality Act 2010.
- Willingness to work outside normal hours if required.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Registered Care Manager – Children's Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.