- Pay Rate:
£370 per day PAYE TBC (will be amended when confirmed)
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- Catford, London,
Interim Red Book Valuer- Valuations
Reference no: Lewisham 0006 3EA0 / 1
An Oyster card will be provided to go to appointmentsThe post holder will be expected to source and arrange own visits and inspections and carry out robust assessments of a property’s condition and valuation.
- Undertake accurate and coherent report writing (a template will be provided to use as a guide)
- Provide robust comparable information to justify the recommended value
- Provide a coherent narrative of how valuations are derived for all reports
- Provide an up to date market commentary connecting any pertinent market activity to the property being assessed
- Offer recommendations to officers (the Project PM who will be making offers based on the valuation reports)
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Must be a RICS registered Red Book Valuer
- Must be proficient in using MS Office software, including MS Outlook and SharePoint
- Must be able to use SharePoint
- Must provide their own H&S equipment commensurate with visiting the homes of members of the public (laptop and mobile phone will be provided)
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to turn around at least 1 report per day, once the appointment to view has been confirmed.
- Ability to manage their own diary between report writing and visiting properties
- Ability to work as part of a team, taking part in meetings and providing ad hoc valuation advice to other Council departments if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally & in writing to a wide range of people
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good IT Skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and self-motivated.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Red Book Valuer- Valuations
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.