- Pay Rate:
£28.66 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- WEMBLEY, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Recycling & Waste Policy & Projects Manager
Reference no: Brent 5213389
To support the Neighbourhood Management Service and other partners through the development and management of the Council’s strategic and operational waste related strategies and policies, leading on the design, development and delivery of waste related projects as required.
Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources.
Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations
Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
To be responsible for the operational and line management of 2 x Recycling & Waste Project Officers.
To develop and manage waste related Council policy at a strategic level ensuring maintaining awareness of and compliance with local, national and international waste agendas and/or legislation including WRAP, DRS, EPR, The London Environment Strategy, RRP, etc.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- The Council request that all interested candidates submit a covering letter relevant to the role, explaining why they are suitable for consideration.
- Experience of working in the waste management industry either in a government or non-government setting.
- Experience in the development and writing of policy and strategy specifically in a sustainable waste management setting.
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering high quality, detailed and complex projects within scope and on time.
- Experience of working at a senior manager level in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity.
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing staff and services with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve significant, sustainable improvements and positive outcomes through internal and external partnerships.
- Experience of managing budgets across capital and revenue, funded by multiple stakeholders, and delivering projects on time and to budget, while being accountable to funders and transparent to the Council.
- Knowledge and understanding of the major factors, influences and legislation facing local government in general and specifically in relation to environmental and sustainable waste management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the implications and opportunities of global, national and local waste strategies and the effect of these on the borough.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of waste collection, street cleansing and waste processing services, and strong knowledge of these in the context of sustainable environmental management.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Understanding of local governance finance and the requirements for managing substantial revenue budgets and capital programmes, including trading accounts and contract payment mechanisms.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Strong and effective commercial negotiating skills.
- Ability to lead teams, focused on delivering change and improvement across partnerships and organisational boundaries.
- Ability to think strategically and see the link to other areas of Council activity.
- Financial and commercial awareness, with strong analytical skills and an excellent aptitude for developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Recycling & Waste Policy & Projects Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.