- Pay Rate:
£21.55 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Interim Quality & Operations Manager
Reference no: 5201479
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To work alongside the Registered Managers within Responsive Care Providers (RCP) and Joint Care Providers (JCP) to ensure appropriate assessment and admission/discharge into the in-house care homes
- To deputise for the Service Manager including attending senior management meetings to ensure RCP is part of strategic decision making.
- To work as a member of the RCP service alongside the Registered Managers to ensure appropriate assessment and admission/discharge into the in-house care homes
- To work closely with the Reablement Service to promote use of West Berkshire Council care homes for rehabilitation and respite prior to discharge home
- To work in partnership with the hospital team (MI) in order to facilitate step down into community beds and complete assessments of service users being discharged from WB Community Hospital
- To promote and embed consistent policies, procedures and paperwork across the WBC care homes
- To support Registered Managers to meet CQC expectations
- To provide cover for Registered Manager during periods of annual leave or unplanned absences
- To be part of the on-call rota
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills
- Degree in relevant social care profession (eg Social Work, OT) or five or more years experience of working in the NHS or social care at a similar role
- Knowledge of health and social care services
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act
- Experience of managing crises
- Experience of assessing and managing care home placements
- Consultative and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes and improvements to services
- Ability to motivate and lead care staff
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Quality & Operations Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.