- Pay Rate:
£465.75 per day, PAYE (plus 36 days of paid holiday)
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Lambeth, London,
Interim Quality Manager– Forensics
Reference no: MPS 0005 1C9D / 1
Pay rate: £465.75 per day, PAYE (plus 36 days of paid holiday)
SC vetting required
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC/SC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Required to work at least 4 days in the office. This will be either in Lambeth and/or Wood Green.
The post-holder will design, implement, maintain and improve a quality management system (QMS) across all areas of Forensic Services to meet relevant standards (ISO 17025, ISO 17020, ISO 9001).
- Ensure that systems are in place to meet regulatory, legislative and criminal justice requirements (e.g. Forensic Science Regulator, Health and Safety, EU, Home Office).
- Motivate and influence by negotiation at all levels of the organisation, but particularly at OCU SLT to achieve desired outcomes through culture change.
- Represent the organisation at national meetings and participate in national debate on matters of quality and accreditation in forensics.
- Emsure that the management system meets the needs of Forensic Services, Criminal Justice System, Forensic Science Regulator, EU Decision Council Framework, together with any other relevant statutory obligations
- Provide leadership, and assist with decision making, in respect of all quality related issues, planning and prioritising areas for quality improvement
- Lead business units in and provide point of contact in all matters relating to quality
- Supervise and train a dedicated team of Senior Forensic technical staff (Band V & M as appropriate) whose role is to help establish, maintain, and develop the QMS throughout the Directorate.
- Line manage a Quality Systems Auditor and dedicated Administrative personnel. (Band D and E respectively)
- Manage the Health and Safety management system of the Directorate ensuring that all inspections, COSHH, risk assessments, mandatory training, accidents and near misses are thoroughly investigated and the Directorate is compliant with legislative requirements.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Minimum 3 years in a professional Quality Management environment designing, implementing, internal and external auditing, and maintaining quality management systems
- Maintenance of professional competence
- Experience of standards, building and maintaining a Quality management system.
- Managed external assessments personally.
- Experience of presenting papers and reports at OCU SLT In-depth knowledge of international standards such as ISO 9001, ISO17025 and ISO17020 and the Forensic Regulator’s Codes of Practice and Conduct
- Understanding of the challenges faced by Forensics, the Police, the Criminal Justice System and other stakeholders
- Knowledge in the effective use of recognised Quality Management tools and techniques
Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively to senior managers and at all levels, verbally and in written format through report writing, training, mentoring, presentations, and meetings
- Devise, formulate and communicate strategies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and continuous improvements in quality culture
- Think strategically and in a political context, and apply pragmatic solutions in context of organisational priorities and requirements
- Effectively manage time and work under pressure
- Have excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Good problem-solving skills are essential in order to address non-conforming areas and formulate innovative solutions for business improvement.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as working with and supporting others.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office- Word, Excel, Oulook
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Quality Manager– Forensics
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.