- Pay Rate:
£22.09 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Interim Quality Assurance Manager – Children's Services
Reference no: Bradford 5213406
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To drive Children’s Services performance improvement by managing and leading all quality-assurance activity across Early Help, Fostering, social work and youth offending services.
To prepare both qualitative and quantitative reports for presentation to senior managers and respective boards that oversee the improvement work for children’s services.
To ensure that learning outcomes from audits are highlighted and embedded in practice and that outcomes for children improve.
- To lead and manage a team of quality assurance and improvement officers and business support to implement activities to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of children’s services to safeguard and meet the needs of children and young people in Bradford.
- To support the development and implementation of quality assurance systems and monitoring tools to report on the quality of the service provision for children, young people, families and carers in order to enable the directorate to improve the quality of service provided.
- Must be able to collate, analyse and present complex data from a variety of sources for a wide range of stakeholders and confidently be able to use the case management systems and excel to extrapolate data and information to understand the relevant data sets.
- To design high quality audit and review tools that will provide an understanding of practice to assess the application of statutory requirements and high professional standards.
- To facilitate moderations to ensure that there is consistency in practice across all areas.
- To be responsible for the management of the monthly audits to all managers in Early Help, Fostering, Social Work and Youth Offending; monitoring and reporting compliance and returns to the Head of Service.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Recognised Social Work Qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- Extensive experience of assessment and production of appropriate plans in relation to children and families.
- Five years post qualification experience of the statutory social work, including experience of working with professional staff to support them to deliver high quality work.
- At least three years’ experience of analysing performance or supporting the audit process in relation to work with either children’s or adult services.
- Extensive experience of managing social work services at Team Manager grade or above including providing supervision and guidance to front line staff.
- Extensive experience of reporting writing skills to produce analytical reports.
- Experience of service development at strategic and practice levels.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: You need to have a full driving licence and a car available
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Quality Assurance Manager – Children's Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.