- Pay Rate:
up to £321.9 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Public Health Principal
Job Ref: NNC (HQ) NNC10252
Pay Rate: up to £321.9 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
The post holder will be expected to demonstrate an appropriate level of expertise across the core public health competencies and to contribute to the implementation of relevant national and local policy and recommendations, ensuring that population health principles and approaches are at the heart of local transformation in order to secure improved health outcomes including prevention of ill-health and reduced health inequalities
- Contribute to the formulation of strategic public health plans. This includes the regular assessment and identification of health needs and priorities.
- Review national policy for impact on health and wellbeing and provide highly specialist advice on public health/health promotion policy and practice to individuals and organisations across all sectors and support on the development, interpretation and implementation of national policies. The post holder will Identify, develop, implement and evaluate a range of public health/health promotion programmes to meet identified needs/priorities contributing to long term health improvement and reduction in health inequalities.
- Ensure the prevention/promotion agenda is at the forefront of key strategies and programmes that impact on the long term health and well-being of the population. This includes the development of capacity for impact assessment and evaluation of strategies, policies and programmes.
- Lead, develop and sustain strategic partnership work that spans organisational and professional boundaries including local authorities, organisations, voluntary organisations and independent sector, to deliver strategic and operational objectives of the Public Health Team, including leading and planning and development of community health development initiatives that impact on health and wellbeing.
- Provide specialist public health advice to inform the commissioning and/or decommissioning of services across organisation boundaries.
- Support relevant research activities including review of complex research proposals and working with academic centres and others on collaborative projects.
- Write and contribute to public health reports. These reports will vary in length and complexity, and will range from informal summaries to detailed comprehensive reports. It will also be necessary for the post holder to be able to summarise these reports and disseminate their findings.
- Prepare and deliver presentations conveying complex and sensitive data and other health / health care information to a variety of audiences, including public health specialists and nonspecialist audiences and individuals.
- Continually review current work practices, making recommendations to others and implementing improvements e.g. updating/developing systems
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Master of Public Health or equivalent
- Registration, or willing to work towards registration with the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) at an appropriate level
- Knowledge of wider determinants of health, health inequalities and effective health improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of data security and confidentiality issues, for example compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Experience of communicating information to clinical and non-clinical staff, external partners and the public
- Experience of writing in a range of styles from brief summaries through to in-depth technical reports
- Report writing skills and decision making skills
- The ability to manage and/or work on a number of concurrent projects
- Able to act independently, with some guidance from line manager
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Public Health Principal
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.