- Pay Rate:
£31.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
32.45 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim PT Specialist Support Teacher
Job Ref: Liverpool RQ680348
Pay Rate: £31.00 per hour PAYE
To support the Local Authority’s SEND Strategy and Policy on Inclusion by assisting schools and settings to become more inclusive, raising the achievements and attainment of pupils with SEND and helping schools and settings to support children and young people holistically
- To work as part of a team around the school to ensure the best possible outcomes for pupils with SEND.
- To work in early years settings, maintained schools, academies and free schools. Specific responsibilities include teaching, assessing, advising and training.
- To work, on behalf of the Local Authority, supporting pupils with an Education, Health and Care Plans in Mainstream schools.
- To provide advice and reports to the SEND services of as requested.
- To provide high quality, specialist, written reports to settings and parents as requested.
- To liaise with SENDCos, Headteachers, setting managers and external agencies/voluntary organisations and parents, as appropriate, for termly/annual review meetings, team around the school meetings, EHAT, transition and provision planning meetings and through the schools consortia model.
- To advise and work with SENDCos, class teachers and Learning Support Assistants on various aspects associated with SEND and the Code of Practice.
- To keep up to date with all current research on SEND.
- To promote inclusive principles for children and young people
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A recognised degree and teaching qualification
- Specialist knowledge in relevant and recent Education Legislation and research
- Significant experience in teaching pupils with SEND in a mainstream and/or special school setting and/or resourced provision
- Experience of teaching across age ranges and key stages
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of other professionals and other stakeholders with a diversity of views and skills in order to effectively meet the needs of pupils
- Ability to work alongside school/setting staff to develop approaches, strategies and intervention plans for pupils with SEND
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim PT Specialist Support Teacher
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.