- Pay Rate:
£377.73 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
21 – days/working hours tbc
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- ISLINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim PT SEND Consultant – Partners in Practice
Job Reference: Islington RQ674887
Pay Rate: £377.73 per day PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Build and manage influential and collaborative relationships with PIP partner LA’s, responding positively and proactively to the diversity of their workforce and communities.
Develop project plans for PIP work that clearly set out agreed SEND workstreams, purpose and intended outcomes for children.
Contribute to improved practice standards, quality assurance and outcome frameworks that enable progress and any gaps to be evidenced
Provide feedback and analysis that is strengths-based, child-focused, SEND-responsive, diversity-aware and robust in constructively highlighting quality practice and any shortfalls.
Undertake direct work with senior managers, teams and partners from our PIP LA’s, and organising peer matching between managers from both organisations.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level with significant experience working in a SEND / children with disabilities setting
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of management within SEND / children’s services and / or leading organisational change in a social care setting
- Working knowledge of current legislation and evidence-based practice in SEND / children’s social work
- In-depth knowledge of SEND current policy, practice and legislation, children’s social work, early intervention and prevention, including implementation of evidence-informed practice models
- Significant experience in management with demonstrable skills in presenting constructive, robust and detailed analysis of SEND practice / safeguarding, taking into account social, environmental and organisational context
- Understanding of the experiences of SEND / children and young people with disabilities and their families, as well as the ability to promote resilience and well-being
- Understanding of multiple communication needs of people with disabilities
- Experience in taking responsibility for the progress of agreed work and leading workstreams; producing reports as agreed
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Excellent ability to build positive working relationships across services and partner agencies; ability to role-model practice that encourages learning, reflection and critical challenge of self and others.
- Ability to work within a range of SEND / safeguarding / children’s services’ contexts at a senior level, able to offer informed, experienced peer support and advice to senior managers in partner LA’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable record of communicating successfully with a range of stakeholders;
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim PT SEND Consultant – Partners in Practice
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.