- Pay Rate:
£400.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BRIXTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim PT Educational Psychologist x2 – Schools
Reference no: Lambeth RQ623722
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To provide a traded service of early intervention to a patch of Lambeth schools. To complete statutory assessment reports for the EHC needs assessment process.
To deliver an effective educational psychology service to schools and the Local Authority by providing advice and guidance on assessment and interventions for vulnerable pupils including those with a special educational need.
- To provide psychological advice concerning pupils undergoing statutory assessment, within the time scales laid down by the SEND Code of Practice.
- To provide an Educational Psychology Service to schools, according to according to a Service Level Agreement.
- To offer advice and practical strategies to schools on issues relating to individuals or groups of pupils, and to take part in, or lead, training courses as required.
- To provide an Educational Psychology Service to children and young people and their families, working in partnership with parents and carers, and taking full account of the “Voice of the Child” and a person centred approach.
- To work as required on specific projects and working parties in accordance with the priorities set by the Lambeth Cooperative Council’s Borough Plan and the Educational Psychology Service Development Plan.
- To maintain clear records, in accordance with Service policies and procedures, of work undertaken with schools, individuals and groups and help maintain up to date information on the Service databases.
- To contribute as required to research initiatives as part of the borough’s programme for identifying and meeting the educational needs of vulnerable children and young people.
- To work closely on a multi-disciplinary basis with providers of the Special Education Needs and Disability Services within the overall management framework of the Educational Psychology Service and the Division of Education, Learning and Skills.
- To contribute to Multi-Agency Team working as appropriate to support the safeguarding of young people and early interventions with young people and families.
- To contribute to the marketing, promotion, and delivery of Lambeth Educational Psychology Service in order to enhance its innovation and responsiveness.
- To contribute as a member of a team to the effective delivery of the Educational Psychology Service.
- To assist in the supervision and support of trainee Educational Psychologists on placement (following an appropriate period of induction).
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Must have completed professional training course as an Educational Psychologist which is recognised by the British Psychological Society and be registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Understand the impact of the Children and Families Act 2014, SEND Code of Practice 2015 and statutory requirements for an Education, Health and Care assessment.
- Broad understanding of the legal framework that underpins equalities and safeguarding.
- Experience of the assessment and intervention of children and young people’s educational needs from a psychological perspective.
- Experience of working in early years, primary and secondary school phases and Post16/FE settings providing guidance and advice to teaching and non-teaching staff on strategies to work towards better educational outcomes for children and young people.
- Experience of managing a caseload and demonstrating good organisation, time management and resilience.
- Proven record of effective implementation of and strong commitment to Equal Opportunities policies in Education.
- Professional experience of working in an inner city area within an education context.
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim PT Educational Psychologist x2 – Schools
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.