- Pay Rate:
£441.41 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
15 – days/working hours tbc
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Support Rotherham Educational Psychology Service, with children and young people up to 25 years through statutory or centrally prioritised work on behalf of the local authority.
Providing consultation, assessments and reports including statutory reports as part of the Education Health and Care Plan assessment process.
You will be responsible for promoting and following the HCPC psychologist standards, using joint problem solving approaches to identify, assess, plan, do and review to meet the needs of vulnerable children.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Level 7 qualification in Educational Psychology e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with extensive experience in the relevant specialist area and other related areas of work, or a wider range of areas - OR -
- Qualified Educational Psychologist with Health and Care Professions Council registration
- A first degree in psychology or an equivalent qualification recognised by the British Psychological Society as conferring the Graduate Basis for Membership
- Knowledge of the statutory framework which guides the work of educational psychologists e.g. safeguarding and ethical standards.
- Knowledge of current psychological theory and research in relation to Education Psychology.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of assessment techniques, with the ability to review the needs of children and young people with SEN.
- Experience of providing specialist recommendations and provision for the needs of children and young people with SEN.
- Experience of building effective working relationships with multiple partners, agencies, parents and stakeholders in respect to providing educational services to children and young people.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to plan, prioritise & manage a complex workload effectively within prescribed time-scales.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively both in writing and verbally
- ICT Skills: Able to use a range of computer applications and ICT e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, internet and e-mail
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim PT Educational Psychologist x2 - CYPS
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.