- Pay Rate:
£20.16 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
21 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Barnet, London,
Interim PT Complaints Officer/Administrator
Reference no: Barnet RQ642138
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The role is part time, spread over 4 days per week (some negotiation on hours). The role is a mix of remote working with occasional office attendance.
The purpose of the role is to lead on the processing of complaints and Freedom of Information (FOI) requests across Family Services. Support and challenge managers to ensure that complaints and FOIs, including Children Act complaints, are responded to appropriately within statutory timeframes and escalated to Assistant Directors and/or legal when required.
- Advise, promote and monitor best practice in complaints management across Family.
- Services, and ensure policies and practices are developed and maintained in line with the corporate framework.
- Coordinate and track complaints, compliments, member’s enquiries and FOIs to ensure they are responded to appropriately and within timescales.
- Maintain sound performance management systems and track performance indicators to regularly monitor and assess and take the necessary early corrective action to achieve service targets and customer expectations.
- Produce annual report on complaints and liaise with managers across the service, developing an action plan to ensure feedback/learning is used to drive business improvement.
- Put in place strategies to actively encourage user feedback, especially from children and young people (Removed following bulletpoint).
- Identify and work with service areas that have high levels of complaints and/or high risk complaints that could escalate if not addressed appropriately.
- Work with corporate colleagues and across directorates to ensure a consistent approach to complaints, compliments and FOI management and share best practice.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of complaints and FOI legislation and national and local developments.
- Support service areas to develop effective strategies to reduce the likelihood of complaints arising and/or escalating.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children, ensuring this principle is embedded in your work.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Recognised relevant qualifications in communications/complaints management/customer relations and/or equivalent experience and training in a related business environment
- Solid understanding, expertise and experience of the statutory complaints process, including Children Act complaints
- Confident in processing FOIs in line with the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 which governs this process
- Proven competency to handle confidential/sensitive personal information in an appropriate and secure manner
- Record of communicating effectively with colleagues across a range of teams and departments
Skills & Abilities:
- Evidence of ability to communicate potentially complex issues in an effective and clear style.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with stakeholders and use these relationships to improve the effectiveness of the service.
- Ability to advise, persuade and influence stakeholders in a professional and effective manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to manage challenging conversations.
- Ability to communicate accurately and appropriately with members of the public, senior management and elected Councillors.
- Proven ability to ensure a high standard of customer care (Removed following point).
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim PT Complaints Officer/Administrator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.