- Pay Rate:
£20.67 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Property Planning Officer
Reference no: Greenwich RQ612338
The purpose of the role is to be accountable to the Group Leader for carrying out research, providing information, preparing policies and plans, dealing with detailed planning schemes and initiatives and development control functions.
- Assist in the design and conduct of surveys, collection of data and information, preparation of maps, plans and sketches.
- Work with supervision on individual projects involving information, research, policy preparation, plans, schemes, planning briefs, design, landscaping implementation or statutory development control functions.
- Contribute to draft reports and proofs of evidence as directed by the Group Leader or designated senior officer in connection with research, policies, public inquires, plans, schemes and design.
- Examine and evaluate all types of planning applications made under the Town and Country Planning Acts and related legislation. Assess whether proposals are in accordance with Council’s policies and liaises with officers of other directorates on matters arising from planning.
- Assist in the provision of comprehensive planning and regeneration strategy responsive to the needs of the borough.
- Assist with drafting specifications for projects and monitoring progress.
- Assist with carrying out project briefs and feasibility studies in relation to regeneration and/ or economic strategy work and liaising with staff in Development Planning as required.
- Deal with enquiries on research data, planning applications policies and proposals, design matters, detained planning schemes and other planning information from the public, other departments and other authorities.
- Assist as required in the development and carrying through of public participation programmes, including attending meetings, exhibitions and other relevant events.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or planning experience
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Property Planning Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.