- Pay Rate:
£220.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- Newham, London,
Interim Promotion and Investment Manager - Strategic Projects & Property
Reference no: GLA 0006 11AF / 1
The purpose of the role is to manage the delivery of a promotion and investment strategy for the Royal Docks Enterprise Zone and surrounding Opportunity Area, to communicate and market the housing and commercial development underway and generate interest in the business and enterprise opportunities available.
This will include significant stakeholder relations and liaison with marketing and media professionals, to establish the Royal Docks as a prime location in London for investment in business, housing and regeneration.
- Develop and implement promotional strategies that generate business interest from companies and SME’s wanting to locate and invest in the area to establish the Royal Docks as a prime location for business development, enterprise and innovation in London.
- Support communications for the Royal Docks team, internally and through external channels, working closely with Communications and Marketing, Housing and Land Communications and Marketing, and London Borough of Newham (LBN) Communications teams.
- Design and manage a programme of events from inception to completion, including regular partner briefings at Board Meetings, one-off events and ensure strong representation at annual events such as MIPIM and other key external events.
- Manage the relationships with marketing and communication contacts in key stakeholder organisations including the LBN, The Royals Docks development partners, ExCeL, London City Airport and London and Partners amongst others.
- Undertake a thorough stakeholder mapping for the Royal Docks and ensure that the Royal Docks team has a full and regularly updated database of key contacts.
- Develop, manage and implement marketing and promotional strategies for key projects, programmes and new initiatives in the Royal Docks to encourage investment.
- Manage the Royal Docks teams’ involvement in key external events, identifying and maximising opportunities to promote the area.
- Prepare and manage the Royal Docks internal communication strategy including a regular staff e-bulletin and briefing meetings.
- Working with Web teams, and external consultants where necessary, commission and manage the Royal Docks Website, event diary and associated social media
- Realise the benefits of London's diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities, and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London's communities.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge of a range of promotion, communications and marketing techniques.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrable experience of implementing promotional and marketing strategy development for a large organisation.
- Evidence of managing the production of promotional and advertising material to a high quality.
- Evidence of event management, preferably in a complex, political environment.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Promotion & Investment Manager - Projects & Property
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.