- Pay Rate:
£20.84 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- Hackney, London,
Interim Project Support Officer – Public Health
Reference no: Hackney RQ684158
Pay Rate: £20.84 per hour PAYE
The postholder will support the Infection Protection Control process across City and Hackney City & Hackney Care Home and LD care settings by scheduling and coordinating the investigation, monitoring and raising awareness in the prevention, surveillance, investigation, management and control of healthcare associated infection across care homes and LD care settings.
Manage the ongoing operation of the IPC Service to support the IPC Specialist Nurses raising awareness in the prevention, surveillance, investigation, management and control of healthcare associated infection across care homes and LD care settings.
- Act as the first point of contact for all care homes and LD care settings in the City of London and Hackney.
- Act as the first point of contact for the IPC Champions; managing and co-ordinating IPC Training Providers Forum, and ensuring peer supervision is in place.
- Supporting the IPC Specialist Nurse to develop and maintain shared resources to support IPC Champions i.e. IPC Induction folder, training videos, IPC Level 2 Training, orgainising attendance at the Skills Network.
- Convene rapid response meetings local outbreaks – support the ICP Specialist Nurses in chairing meetings, minute and follow up actions.
- Working alongside the Administrative Officer, maintain and update a database of all care homes and LD care settings a log of communications.
- Manage the Administrative Officer request information from all care homes and LD care settings relating to their infection, prevention and control plans.
- Compile and summarise relevant reports for the Specialist Infection Prevention and Control Nurse.
- Support the Specialist Infection Prevention and Control Nurse with actions, recommendations, preparation for preparedness and Deep Dive meetings.
- Provide monthly/quarterly reporting as required.
- Ensure agreed actions and recommendations are followed up.
- Respond to requests from the Specialist Infection Prevention and Control Nurse, care settings and LD care settings.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to prioritise sensibly when faced with several tasks.
- Ability to work flexibly and cooperatively with a team and a commitment to working in a challenging and demanding working environment.
- Ability to work with other teams in external organisations, such as health.
- Ability to consider problems carefully and offer creative solutions.
- Ability to draw conclusions that are sensible given the information available.
- Understands graphs and charts.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work with good time management skills.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Communicates clearly verbally and in writing.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Project Support Officer – Public Health
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.