- Pay Rate:
up to £26.71 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Interim Project Manager - Regeneration
Job Ref: 5208139
Basic DBS required for this role
Reporting to the [Head of Property Investment & Regeneration] [Senior Regeneration Manager], to work on and progress key elements of the Council’s Property and Regeneration Programmes. Co-ordinate the delivery of outcomes for local people by supporting the development of high quality places and buildings in a way that supports the Council
- No direct line management responsibilities, but responsibility for directing and coordinating the work of individual project teams which may include consultants and representatives from partner organisations.
- Engage with the private sector in securing investment and construction in physical regeneration of all types, including engaging with potential developers, investors and the local business community, procurement and developer selection, construction procurement, negotiation of legal agreements, managing and delivery of compulsory purchase.
- Maintain relationships with government and other public sector bodies, and with key funding partners including the HCA and the LEP, ensuring the active participation and contribution of the Council to sub regional, regional and national regeneration strategy and ensuring that the support of key agencies for the regeneration programme is achieved.
- Engage with key stakeholder groups, including attending stakeholder meetings and presenting to them as appropriate, winning and maintaining their support and acting as an advocate for the Council and for the programme.
- Ensure that effective project plans are developed and maintained, delivered, monitored and evaluated.
- Agree key performance indicators and to ensure that these are monitored and reported using Council systems.
- Work with the Senior Regeneration Manager to develop appropriate marketing strategies to promote the programme, working with partners, stakeholders and officers to deliver the strategy.
- Support the development of other strategies and policies that complement place regeneration such as land use planning, licensing, economic development, greenspace strategy and street scene
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- MAPM, Prince II or similar practitioner
- Knowledge of the property development process from initial appraisal to completion and effective programme management
- Experience in property development, appraisal and cash flow analysis. Putting together development options and coordinating external development consultants e.g. development managers, architects, quantity surveyors etc
- Experience of tendering and procurement processes in the public sector
- Experience of financial management
- Excellent writing skills
- An ability to sustain a positive organisational and personal profile grounded in a high level of political awareness whilst potentially under local public and media scrutiny
- Ability to anticipate risks and manage these appropriately
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Project Manager - Regeneration
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.