- Pay Rate:
£375.30 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WALTHAMSTOW, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Project Manager – Digital Team
Job Reference: DIGWalthamstow RQ669187
Pay Rate: £375.30 per day PAYE
The council has a challenging, customer focused digital agenda. They are looking for a skilled and experienced Project Manager to join the Digital Team to lead an Intranet Replacement Project.
You will be focussed on the delivery of a new SharePoint intranet, including a full review and migration of existing intranet content. You will work with Services across the organisation to ensure the council delivers an intranet with the user and their experience at its heart.
You will use your experience in SharePoint to help guide the project to architect the new site and develop strong governance. You will drive the project to ensure the investment is leveraged in M365 and that the opportunity is taken to explore new ways of working and embracing the possibilities of enhanced collaborative working which comes from SharePoint.
As an experienced Project Manager you will be agile experienced, used to working in a fast-paced environment, using tools, such as Jira, to track, manage and projects.
You will provide vision, management and direction to the project team and stakeholders throughout the project and ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on and resources are effectively managed.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of managing SharePoint intranet / migration projects with a strong understanding of SharePoint as a product
- Expert in agile delivery processes and frameworks
- Must have direct experience of structuring, running, documenting and managing complex business change projects, programmes and portfolios
- Experience of building excellent relationships with senior managers and Members
- Experience of detailed resource management and success in implementing complex resourcing approaches
- Experience of managing a mixed and varied workload of conflicting priorities responding effectively to the needs of all customers/ users / stakeholders
- Experience of report writing and communications for a variety of audiences, demonstrating numeracy and literacy, and applying expert knowledge
- Experience in dealing with a range of complex and contentious matters requiring a consistently high degree of support, persuasion and advocacy and an awareness of major policy objectives
- Knowledge of governance frameworks
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage projects using the Prince2-aligned project management methodology
- Strong leadership, influencing, people engagement, and people management skills
- Ability to work autonomously to meet the objectives of the organisation
- Ability to manage technically diverse teams to deliver agreed outcomes
- An ability to respond to unpredictable volume of work, with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives
- Excellent planning and organisational skills coupled with a strong focus on the delivery of the objective
- Creative and innovative in finding solutions to complex problems
- Possess strengths in organisational, attention-to-detail, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Project Manager – Digital Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.