- Pay Rate:
£445.53 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Interim Project Manager
Job Ref: RQ596388
This post is mainly intended to but not limited to lead a team to ensure we reduce the increase we have recently experienced in the volume of Legal Disrepair claims This post will lead on delivering agreed projects to time, cost and quality. Identify opportunities for improvement and produce robust business cases for approval by relevant decision making bodies
- Undertake reviews to identify opportunities for improvement with supporting evidence.
- Undertake detailed project planning, management and implementation to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget, and deliver their anticipated benefits, whilst minimising disruption to Council services. Design effective project governance arrangements and directly address governance issues as and when they arise. Measure programme/ project impacts and ensure lessons learnt are fed back into a process of improving the way the Council manages change.
- Manage teams that will comprise of Senior Officers with professional expertise (e.g. Service experts; HR; Finance; ICT; Legal; Property; Procurement; Communications) and may include external contractors. The post holder will be expected to champion the programme/ project vision, using experience to provide powerful analogies/ case studies to support the agreed course of action.
- Develop effective working relationships with lead stakeholders within the programme/ project, including service based officers (up to Director level); ‘professional’ support services officers (HR/Finance etc); elected Members, Chief Officers, Trade Unions; professional advisers and contractors.
- Provide credible, accurate and timely reports to the agreed frequency, and to report ad-hoc and promptly on any appropriate developments that could adversely affect the project, or the Council in a wider context.
- Be responsible for effective risk management and issue resolution for the project. Make recommendations and set frameworks to ensure key decisions are made with consideration of all relevant factors.
- Quality-check the projects for which the post holder is responsible and provide regular assurance on their viability; governance and risk profile.
- Effectively chair project meetings and produce any required project documentation (in line with the Council’s project management toolkit).
- Represent the Council in communication and consultation with relevant stakeholders that may include (affected staff; Senior Management; Members; service user groups; Trade Unions; supplier organisations). This may require negotiation both internally and externally, and involve the resolution of complex problems and conflicting priorities.
- To monitor the project budget and in the event of deviation recommend appropriate remedial measures
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of the construction industry, particularly in relation to reactive repairs (including Legal Disrepair)
- Experience on working with NEC Form of contract and building projects
- Ability to assemble and challenge robust business cases and manage a portfolio of activities to achieve return on investment
- Able to adapt to different people and flex styles to suit different needs and ways of working
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Project Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.