- Pay Rate:
£254.82 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Project Manager
Job Ref: RQ594955
The Project Manager will maintain a focus on technical delivery of capabilities, working alongside a business focused Project Manager responsible for the business requirements definition and service transformation
- To own and manage the assigned projects, leading the project team, allocating and monitoring tasks, motivating staff and appraising individual performance.
- To take responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of the project. Ensuring that internal and external stakeholder requirements are captured to develop the service design. Directing and coaching project team members, and advising users as necessary on all phases.
- To identify direct resources needed to deliver the programme/projects, secure budget and recruit appropriate resources
- To identify dependence on wider IT resource (UX, Architects, Developers etc) and work with Senior Project Manager to secure these, ensuring recharge arrangements are in place.
- To work in an agile manner, when appropriate, (standups, show and tells etc) with multi-disciplinary teams (product owner, business solutions lead etc). Provide a smooth transition into the BAU environment.
- Prepare and maintain realistic project, quality, communication and risk plans for projects and sub-projects.
- To monitor progress against the plans, maintaining effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reporting as appropriate.
- Follow the IT project lifecycle processes, producing appropriate documentation and sharing lessons learnt.
- Champion and advocate continuous improvement.
- Coach, mentor and develop colleagues to help build expertise
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Formal project management qualifications
- Has a broad business understanding
- Demonstrate experience of managing IT projects
- Ability to present/report findings and solutions in engaging ways
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues and service/business areas
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Project Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.