- Pay Rate:
£22.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Southwark, London,
Interim Programme Officer – IT Services
Reference no: GLA 0006 4BDC / 1
Hybrid working - 3 days in office 2 days working from home
The purpose of the role is to provide project/programme management support for the development, commissioning, and onboarding activities for a variety of Skills and employability programmes including Skills Bootcamps, Adult Education Budget (AEB), European Social Funds (ESF).
This roll will be working across a couple of the strands but will mainly work on adult education which is the biggest programme. Working with programme managers to make sure they are understanding what’s on their accounts and they are tracking and monitoring their budgets.
- Work with managers to develop a robust grant commissioning process for new programmes.
- Develop and maintain a robust Programme governance for the management of ESF 19-23 and AEB programme that ensures the successful delivery of the programme in alignment with the European guidelines and Mayoral approvals.
- Work with senior delivery managers to monitor programme delivery, outputs, results and expenditure ensuring that risks and issues are properly recorded and mitigating controls are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Produce high quality programme report and dashboard for several stakeholders including but not limited to the Assistant Director led Skills Programmes Board, Deputy Mayor for Skills, European Programme Management Unit, AEB Mayoral Board, ESIF Committee and externally for the Skills for Londoners Board and Skills for Londoners Partnership Board.
- Work with the Senior Programmes Officers and the Programme Office Manager more widely on income claims processing ensuring appropriate income is received in a timely manner and the appropriate financial entries are raised with finance team.
- Contribute to the provision of robust and timely programme tools, systems, templates and processes for Provider Managers including but not restricted to Monthly Progress Returns (MPRs), Participant Data Forms (PDFs), Payment Trigger Calculators (PTCs), new processes related to ESF programme management and providing training and support to use the tools.
- Contribute to the completion of the Corporate quarterly Performance dashboard and the completion of the Skills Strategy monitoring dashboard.
- Supervise Project Support Officers in a matrix environment in the completion of responsibilities, providing advice and guidance where needed.
- Contribute to any other related additional programme and performance management assignments.
- Realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities, promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree or professional qualification in portfolio, programme or project management or in management of project/Programme management office (PMO), Contract management, procurement or related subjects preferably to post graduate level.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience with excel skills and confident in picking and analysing data – quantitative and qualitative data.
- Confident and experience in programme/project finance.
- Demonstrable ability, experience and knowledge of project and programme management including the understanding of programme management office functions - project planning, financial and performance analysis and management, risk management, issue resolution, procurement and project/programme evaluation.
- High level knowledge and experience of in MS Excel, with the ability to develop reports and dashboards, maintain and analyse spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience of, or ability to acquire knowledge, in specialised software packages such as Power BI, SQL or SPSS is desirable.
- Well-developed IT skills, experience of using financial and claims management systems and processes, excellent report writing skills and a high level of numeracy.
- Experience of records management and an understanding of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and how this influences data processing and data sharing.
- Experience of working with Adult Education Budget or ESF or Skills Bootcamps or any other related Skills and Employment programme is highly desirable.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Programme Officer – IT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.