- Pay Rate:
up to £62,153 per annum, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is a fixed term contract for 18 months
Interim Programme Manager – Highways & Transport
Reference no: Essex 8814
Pay rate: up to £62,153 per annum, depending on experience
18-month fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension.
The post-holder will work as part of the Network Development team to ensure national infrastructure projects deliver at a local level.
- Lead input and engagement from across the Highways and Transport directorate, from different disciplines across the Council and with politicians on these nationally significant projects.
- Contribute to multiple nationally significant infrastructure projects within a short space of time.
- Work with everyone from the Department for Transport to local communities and establish common goals and build a collaborative, problem-solving culture.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Extensive experience in leading multi-million-pound projects in Transport or Planning.
- Experience of managing significant programmes, leading multi-discipline teams including co-ordination, management, and control of programme activities
- Experienced in strategic planning providing clear direction and setting strategic priorities for delivery.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic thinker who is able to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- A proven ability to research, review and understand technical information and translate it for a wide range of audiences
- Build strong collaborative partnerships across the Council and with external partners.
- Politically astute and capable of negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Ability to adapt to adverse situations whilst remaining calm, reassuring others, and maintaining performance.
- Financial management, setting and managing a budget to an agreed forecast.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrates ability to use a leadership style to work effectively with individuals and teams at all levels
- Ability to recruit, direct and prioritise resources to successfully optimise delivery
- The ability to identify key facts to make informed decisions, often in a time pressured environment.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and meet conflicting deadlines
- Ability to manage specific projects from conception to end
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Programme Manager – Highways & Transport
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.