- Pay Rate:
£23.65 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Product Manager
Job Ref: RQ609173
To operationalise the University’s marketing strategy for web, and lead the planning, delivery, marketing and maintenance of the public facing web site estate and our virtual experience platform
- Co-ordinate the delivery and on-going management of the web product strategy, collaborating with the Head of Marketing and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage and maintain the UCLan’s web development and platform roadmap in line with the web product strategy, converting product vision into operational outputs.
- Oversee, manage and maintain the roadmap for UCLan’s virtual always on platform in conjunction with our 3rd party supplier.
- Manage the overall data strategy for the UCLan website estate with a view to improvement and enhancement.
- Host stakeholder meetings and conduct user research and feasibility studies to feed the development/ 3rd parties backlog with ideas, concepts, business opportunities and efficiencies benefitting web site users, conversion and the commercial goals of the University.
- Monitor, evaluate and analyse the performance of the UCLan’s website estate. Working with analysts and developers to seek continual improvements and resolve issues internally and externally.
- Undertake technical analysis and feedback of the Univerisities microsites in conjunction with multiple teams to mitigate risks.
- Construct high-level requirements, as stories, for functionality and assist in writing business cases for investment.
- Undertake market and competitor research, commissioning external and internal resources where relevant to support this activity.
- To support members of the web team to spot opportunities which advance the UCLan web estate (i.e. UX, SEO)
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good honours degree or relevant post-graduate qualification or equivalent professional experience
- Technical understanding of web development, and ability to effectively communication web developments to non-technical members of the team
- Significant experience in a web product development or technical management role on large web projects
- Experience of conducting business analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to find creative and effective solutions to problems
- Ability to prioritise, work flexibly and use your own initiative to drive forward business decisions
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Product Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.