- Pay Rate:
£135.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11 months
- Stratford, London,
Interim Product & Industrial Designer – Transport
Reference no: TL 0005 F056 / 1
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
This role is suitable for uni grads/college leavers
The purpose of the role is to develop and coordinate project management plans as well as assisting in the management of external design consultants. Work will be carried out in accordance with corporate Design standards, through either in-house design teams or through our existing suppliers.
- Supporting the delivery of design solutions in areas of product and infrastructure design that contribute to business goals. This can include development of design briefs, producing project delivery plans, producing creative concepts, and monitoring delivery and maintaining project plans.
- Developing and coordinating project management plans for the delivery of design solutions and where necessary track design spend ensuring accuracy of reporting and monitoring expenditure against budget, escalating as necessary.
- Assisting in the management of external design consultants as required- by setting up meetings, agreeing meeting notes and actions and maintaining these records on behalf of the Industrial and product Design manager.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with Corporate Design’s role, responsibilities and work programme statutory duties.
- Maintaining and promote the Product and Infrastructure design framework agreements for updating relevant documents and ensuring that they are available as required to internal colleagues and external supplier.
- Preparation of design briefs for updating or introducing new products or infrastructure for use and evaluation of external supplier solutions to ensure they are in line with the design specification. Assist in delivery of the most cost-effective solution to a wide range of design requirements by ensuring that design outputs are in line with the required specification.
- Assisting delivery of the highest possible standard of design, consistent with safety and value for money is established and maintained in all aspects.
- Responsible for appropriate Construction Design Management, where applicable, to assist in the delivery of design solutions as specified in the design brief.
- Ensuring that all data held and utilised is do so in compliance with all UK and EU regulations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree, or equivalent in a relevant design discipline or suitable alternative professional experience - Essential
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in managing design projects - Essential
- Commissioning design projects, standards, and guidelines from external resources – Essential
- Experience of putting together design standards in an operational environment - Desirable
- Experience of defining design standards - Desirable
- Experience of developing robust project delivery plans - Desirable
- Knowledge in working with Adobe Creative Cloud and 3D modelling software e.g. Solidworks and 3ds Max – Essential.
- A sound knowledge of infrastructure and product design methodology, process, and practice – Essential.
- A good understanding of social inclusion/exclusion issues, best practice, and relevant Government guidelines/legislation – Desirable.
- Knowledge of structure and operations to ensure that emergency requests that require, if appropriate, working outside normal office hours are understood and met – Desirable.
- Knowledge of the heritage and disability requirements of the environment – Desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good project management skills – Essential.
- Good quality presentation and promotional skills – Essential.
- Proficient in concept design and detailed design – Essential.
- A high standard of written, drawn, and oral communication skills – Essential.
- Good analytical skills and time management skills - Essential
- Ability to balance conflicting objectives and priorities – Desirable.
- Ability to recognise the value and balance design requirements and heritage and or disability requirements with operational and business needs – Desirable.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Product & Industrial Designer – Transport
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.