- Pay Rate:
£161.11 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Barnet, London,
Interim Procurement Officer
Reference no: Barnet RQ792904
Pay Rate: £161.11 per day PAYE
A Procurement Officer is required to work within a defined procurement and financial control framework to ensure controls are in place and adhered to, in support of all procurement related processes.
Where required, with support, to take a lead on delivering the end-to-end procurement process for routine procurements and/or lead specific policy/system/training initiatives.
- Work with the external procurement providers to ensure queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Be the welcoming response to clients / contractors and signposting them to the correct area of the Procurement Service.
- Processing of supplier set up requests.
- Support the commissioning of goods and services and the management of tendering processes and negotiations, including both revenue and capital procurement.
- Provide excellent support for financial system modules, including Supplier Master record maintenance.
- Support contract management processes, including catalogue maintenance, contract register and contract management system.
- Provide information for contract spend and other management reports, as and when required.
- Help the Head of Procurement in achieving objectives and ongoing improvement.
- Identification of problem areas, providing analysis and suggestions on issue resolution.
- Provide procurement advice and support to officers and other members of the team.
- Provide advice to departments on processes to achieve increased efficiency and compliance to the organisation.
- Understand procurement and finance processes and financial system in connections with procurement functions and systems.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Successful track record in delivering high quality customer focused procurement and supplies services.
- Demonstrable experience of managing Purchasing & Supplies departments including building staff capacity and capability.
- Knowledge of how an Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Income Management System and Accounting to Reporting processes work.
- Understanding of public procurement processes and financial transactions.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, policies, and practices.
- Within a pre-determined framework, able to process work to ensure that it is delivered on time and to the agreed quality standards.
- Ability to use specialist information systems and contract management systems by producing reports using multiple criteria and extract and reuse data in Microsoft Office products, data maintenance and manipulation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Procurement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.