- Pay Rate:
Up to £35.47 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 11 months
Interim Private/Public Law Lawyer -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00061854
Pay Rate: Up to £34.47 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Qualified lawyer with good litigation PQE
- Assist colleagues with their caseloads where necessary (including meeting tight deadlines to preserve the team reputation);
- Assist with the team’s knowledge management/sharing objectives (also providing input into client legal awareness projects);
- Attend and contribute to team meetings;
- Comply with Lexcel requirements, as well as policies, standards, procedures and service level agreements set at the Litigation Group and team level.
- Display the Values required; work collaboratively with colleagues, focus on customer service and look proactively for solutions;
- Keep abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues and use training and other methods to refresh and improve their skills and knowledge.
- Qualified lawyer with good litigation PQE
- Previous substantial litigation experience (ideally dealing with public law litigation cases) is essential
- Public law experience within the public sector or government department (including insight into the interrelationship between law and politics) is desirable, but is not essential
- Good legal professional skills including an understanding of the main features of public law including human rights – with reliable legal judgment, an appreciation of legal risk, with the ability to produce sound analysis using secure legal research – are essential
- Knowledge of the law relating to injunctions and/or public law and (for some posts) experience of advising on information law, would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Good organisational skills (including the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise own work in order to manage a busy and/or complex caseload, and the ability to master new areas of law quickly) are essential
- Effective team working and client care skills (including the ability to build constructive working relationships with clients) are essential
- An ability to work proactively and independently with appropriate supervision is essential
- For some posts it is a requirement due to the nature of the work that the post holders are either security cleared or agree to be security cleared
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Private/Public Law Lawyer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.