- Pay Rate:
£450.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Newham, London,
Interim Principal Surveyor – Housing Fire Safety
Job Ref: Newham RQ605214
To be responsible for a professional housing surveying service, all technical aspects of the repair, maintenance, improvement and re-servicing of all council owned, managed and leased stock. The post holder will provide an effective responsive repair and planned maintenance service for the organisation; and to manage a specific specialist team of surveyors and support staff for the Asset Management Group.
To lead specifically but not exclusively on the management of Fire Safety in relation to all Housing Blocks and Properties.
- Ensure an efficient and effective technical support service for the Asset Management Group, covering specialist services with Fire Safety as the main focus of activity.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of Fire Safety within the borough.
- Liaise with legal representatives and maintain dialogue with other departments, and represent the organisation in litigation.
- Monitor and manage the Fire Safety service as a whole, to ensure the team surpass the aims and objectives regarding delivery, on time and to budget and to the necessary quality, by using their knowledge and skills in the field of construction and financial control.
- Manage the Fire Safety team such that the council complies with its legal obligations with regard to all prevailing legislation ensuring compliance with the council’s obligations under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and all relevant building regulations.
- Manage the Fire Safety team such that the council complies with its obligations under the Leasehold and Commonhold Reform Act 2002.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Formal training in one or more of the following areas (or extensive demonstrable experience): building technology/construction; repairs; costs estimates; contractual matters and Fire Risk Assessments.
- High level of numeracy and verbal skills to enable the post holder to undertake duties of the post.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation.
- Extensive knowledge of the legal frameworks encompassing Fire Safety
- Knowledge of HHSRS legislation.
- Knowledge of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Experience & Skills:
- Considerable experience of building inspection work, identifying faults, preparing reports/specifications.
- Considerable experience of supervising building works.
- Extensive experience in dealing with Fire Safety works and Fire Risk Assessments.
- Considerable experience of successfully running contracts/projects.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Ability to write and prepare contract documentation.
- Ability to present and communicate complex technical issues.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Principal Surveyor – Housing / Fire Safety
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.