- Pay Rate:
£38.28 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Catford, London,
Temporary Senior / Principal Building Control Officer /Surveyor
Job Ref: Lewisham 0006 1D8C / 1
The post holder will provide out of hours dangerous structure cover as part of a rota.
The Building Control Team are looking for a Senior/Principal Building Control Officer to assist the Building Control Manager on a day-to-day basis. To visit sites to inspect structures and to arrange for appropriate action to be taken to remove any danger.
The applicant will need to be aware of recent changes to legislation including The Building Safety Act & new technical requirements & guidance on ventilation, energy efficiency & overheating.
- Receive applications and associated plans for consideration under the Building Acts, Building Regulations, London Building Acts or other relevant legislation.
- Give professional advice to applicants both before and after formal submission to obtain amendment to plans where necessary or point out where detail is lacking.
- Consider applications for Building Regulation relaxations. Examine plans not in compliance with Approved Documents and assess their viability.
- Survey buildings and structures during construction to observe compliance with the Building Acts and Building Regulations.
- Write letters, memoranda and reports concerned with projects under Building Control authority.
- Attend Court to give evidence in respect of any legal action initiated by the Council or to defend any proceedings brought against the Authority.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIOB or qualified to the LABC level 6 standard.
- Member of a relevant professional institution- RIC'S, CABE,
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including The Building Safety Act & new technical requirements & guidance on ventilation, energy efficiency & overheating.
- Experience working within a Building Control or Building Control related environment for a minimum of 3 years.
- Able to attend meetings / site visits in locations both inside and outside the borough.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Principal Building Control Officer / Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.