- Pay Rate:
£395.79 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Principal Accountant HRA
Job Ref: RQ602993
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
To be the HRA financial expert and manage the Council’s HRA Business Plan, take responsibility for financial reporting and budgeting in relation to all Housing activities, including housing investment and development activity and rent setting processes
- To monitor the political, economic, social and technical context that affects Housing and the HRA. Take account of these factors in strategic and operational plans.
- Revisit and update the HRA Business Plan and associated plans at least at quarterly intervals and support the growth of a strong capital base for the directorate to ensure a sustainable development pipeline.
- Monitor and report underpinning assumptions and produce sensitivity analysis and options. Reflect associated risks including impact of welfare reforms, rent arrears, Right To Buy levels.
- Feed into the performance management agenda, including void levels, rent performance, volume of responsive repairs, movement in costs and other local factors; highlight implications. Support client contracting through provision of financial and performance data
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Membership of appropriate professional body e.g. CIPFA, or other CCAB accountancy qualification / finalist
- Local Authority HRA knowledge and intelligence
- Substantial knowledge of local government and housing finance and professional accounting requirements
- Experience of local authority housing finance e.g. Housing Revenue Account
- Strong experience in accountancy, including budgeting, monitoring, reconciliations, financial modelling and end of year reporting
- Very high financial and management accounting skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues at all levels
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Principal Accountant HRA
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.