- Pay Rate:
£25.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Interim Principal Accountant - Corporate
Job Ref: RQ601272
As a member of the finance management team, to contribute proactively to the collective leadership for the council, working collaboratively with Members, services across the council, partners and stakeholders to deliver the council’s objectives and priorities
- Inform a strategic vision of the service that enables the council to meet its future challenges, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of the Council’s financial strategy
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure best use of limited financial resources, providing support where needed
- Identify financial risks and opportunities as and when they arise, inform finance managers and collectively consider options to mitigate risks or exploit opportunities.
- Proactively identify trends and changes in the operating environment (e.g. legislation, technology, policy, etc.) that could financially impact service delivery; provide advice and collaborate on potential solutions
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified CCAB or actively studying towards obtaining either CCAB, (preferably CIPFA), CIMA, CFA, or ACT and expected to qualify within the next 6 months
- Knowledge of the major issues facing local government, understanding of the national policy context, requirements and future direction for relevant service areas
- Closure of accounts experience, i.e. preparation of statement of accounts notes Managing / Dealing with external auditors with regards to audit queries
- Whole of Government Accounts experience (WGA)
- Experience of working effectively in an area with competing demands and tight time-scales
- Well-developed IT skills (MS Office suite, financial systems, data visualisation tools (e.g., Power BI)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences both horizontally and vertically, financial and non-financial
- Ability to think critically, apply innovative and creative thinking to address complex service challenges
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, both written and oral, financial issues to both financial and non-financial managers, senior officers and external organisations
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Principal Accountant - Corporate
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.