- Pay Rate:
£391.85 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ENFIELD, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Portfolio Management Office Manager – Digital Services
Reference no: Enfield RQ645074
Strategic Portfolio & Projects are looking for an experienced PMO professional with direct, hands-on experience of running an IT Portfolio Management team and of IT project and programme delivery to join our team of delivery professionals.
This is an opportunity of the right individual to move away from delivering to corporate shareholders but make a difference for the community that the Council serves.
Your responsibilities will include but not exclusive to:
- Enhancing delivery of the portfolio.
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining a standardised Project, Portfolio Management (PPM) system.
- Custodian of Strategic Portfolio & Projects P3M standards, templates, tools and processes.
- Assisting the Head of Strategic Portfolio & Projects and all project delivery leads in providing support and administrative duties for the Digital Services Portfolio,
- Ensuring governance is adhered to and that reporting is actioned by Programme/Project Managers,
- Interpreting the strategy into targeted initiatives,
- Translating the initiatives into achievable project,
- Scheduling the portfolio of projects (through an overall programme plan),
- Coordinating information and project reporting,
- Understanding the impact of projects across Digital Services business and operating models
- Supporting maintenance of programme tools and methodologies.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrable experience of programme/project management and PMO/portfolio management experience
- Able to construct and use a variety of programme/project reporting tools, for communicating programme status at director and sponsor level
- Experience of working with an enterprise-wide systems delivery methodology in a programme/ project/ PMO role, and be able to mentor project teams and train new staff
- Experience of managing resource allocation across group functions and programme teams
- Strong influencing and communicating skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to influence with authority
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Portfolio Management Office Mgr – Digital Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.