- Pay Rate: Up to £439 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week: 37
- 9 months
Interim PMO Support - PSR 1JP00018326
Working for the WDP PMO Mgr, the SO2 WDP PMO1 role is responsible for contributing to the successful delivery and continual improvement of the PMO function and is the PMO lead for all WDP infrastructure-related matters.
Responsible to AOC No 1 Gp (as SRO for the ISTAR Transformation Pg), through the WDP Pg Mgr and the WDP PMO Mgr, for the following tasks:
- Execute SO2 WDP PMO1 duties as directed by the WDP PMO Mgr.
- Deputise for the WDP PMO Mgr as required.
- Actively contribute to the delivery and continual improvement of the WDP PMO function and outputs.
- As the WDP PMO infrastructure lead, drive the WDP Infrastructure Sub-Working Group to enable coherent infrastructure plan development and execution.
- Develop and maintain the WDP infrastructure-related stakeholder network, building effective relationships to positively contribute to WDP delivery.
- Ensure that WDP infrastructure plans are developed and implemented coherently.
- Ensure that infrastructure-related risks, issues and opportunities are recorded, monitored and progressed as required.
- Provide infrastructure-related updates to the WDP WG, the ISTAR Transformation PgWG and PgB, as well as providing ad-hoc reporting as required.
Take active measures to increase understanding of ISTAR processes across Defence and promote a positive ISTAR Force image. Actively seek and address areas for Continuous Improvement across the ISTAR Force.
- Programme/project management experience (eg MSP, PRINCE2, M_o_R).
- Recent Air Command or MOD staff experience.
- Recent experience working on or with the Air ISTAR Force.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Essential details to include on your CV:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim PMO Support (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.