- Pay Rate:
up to £22.20 per hour PAYE TBC
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-6 months
Temporary Interim Planning Officer – Development Management
Job Ref: Redbridge RQ639329
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
Hybrid working options available
Immediate start preferred
To report to the Development Management Manager/Lead Principal Planner. The post holder will manage a caseload of planning applications, mainly comprising householder and other minor planning applications, and determining within statutory timeframe and/or local time targets. Candidates must have town planning experience.
- Prepare well written advice in the form of letters and reports.
- Make recommendations on the merits of the planning proposal.
- Undertake appropriate public participation exercises on planning applications and development projects.
- Attend public meetings and site visits.
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant law, policies, working practices and procedures.
- Plan, programme and prioritise own work in order to meet deadlines, targets and timetables.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or planning experience.
- Relevant public sector Development Management experience preferred (private sector experience will be considered).
- Town planning experience essential.
- Ability to identify problems, set objectives, work to deadlines, and monitor results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven and confident negotiation skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Planning Officer – Development Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.