- Pay Rate:
£21.68 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ISLINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Planner – Transport Projects
Reference no: Islington RQ615066
The Transport Projects and people friendly streets service is working with teams across the Council and with partners such as Transport for London and neighbouring boroughs to deliver the Council’s people-friendly streets programme.
New colleagues with a transport planning, regeneration, engineering or other relevant background are required to take on a complex and challenging work programme.
You will deliver and manage people-friendly streets projects, including Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, to project manage under the supervision of the Team Leader.
In addition, you could be asked to work on a number of transport planning functions, including monitoring progress against the implementation of the Islington Transport Strategy, future strategy and policy development, responding to transport consultations, and working closely with partners such as Transport for London in securing transport investment.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Postgraduate Qualification in Urban Design, Historic Building Conservation, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Town Planning, or other similar discipline.
- Relevant professional or equivalent degree level qualification in Urban Design/Town Planning
- Ability to establish working relationships with a range of people in all services of the Council and elected members.
- Experience of planning and project management and/or developing or delivering capital projects.
- Experience in housing studies, social policy or town planning, or a relevant professional qualification
- ICT Skills: Experience in the use of IT including word processing packages, spreadsheets, presentation packages and databases.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Planner – Transport Projects
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.