- Pay Rate:
£23.32 per hour PAYE, negotiable
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Performance Analyst-Management - Children's Social Care
Reference no: Lewisham 0006 1CB6 / 1
Rate may be negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
The post-holder will be primary responsible to evaluate the performance of systems and outcomes. Assisting in improving the organisation’s efficiency by ensuring reduced costs and increased revenues. They will develop performance measurement frameworks to analyse performance.
- Identify, collect, process, interpret and visualise performance information from a range of diverse sources to enable improved operational and strategic decision-making.
- Utilise innovative approaches to displaying performance information in a way that is easy to interpret by management, operational staff and residents.
- Work in partnership with service managers, staff and other stakeholders to promote and develop a co-ordinated approach to performance management.
- Devise reports and analyse information in order to comply with statutory and non-statutory performance reporting needs.
- Devise performance frameworks and analytical insight to track the impact and outcomes of service delivery on residents.
- Liaise with partners to ensure information management and governance arrangements are sound and to ensure data quality standards are established, maintained and regularly tested.
- Provide support as directed to facilitate the activities and functions of the team
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience in related field such as Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics or Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge of current issues facing local government and in particular the national agenda in relation to performance improvement.
- Previous experience in contributing to the performance management of a large organisation including innovating in use of data and its presentation to senior management
- Appreciation and understanding of relational databases, for example Tribal and Liquid Logic.
- Experienced report writer in SQL or Business objects and working knowledge of LiquidLogic system or similar children’s case system.
- Knowledge and experience of developing data visualisation in infographics using Geo-Mapping software.
- Experience in collating, quality assurance, manipulating and reporting on data for senior management.
- Experienced in designing and successfully implementing a performance management framework into a service with little history of performance management.
- Experience of using advanced database tools to manipulate data such as SQL and Business Objects or similar applications
- Experience and knowledge of how to successfully quality assure data.
- Experienced in presenting large datasets in a variety of formats whilst addressing the information needs of a variety of audiences.
- Experienced in writing and delivering reports for formal bodies such as Council committees and partnership groups.
- Experienced in undertaking research of various kinds including of a statistical nature and to prepare coherent reports and briefings based on findings.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent technical skills, with a particular emphasis on analytical, statistical and modelling techniques allied with the ability to interrogate large databases efficiently
- Strong numeracy skills, experienced at data manipulation and highly analytical.
- Ability to develop management information reports to meet the needs of various client groups – statutory, corporate, senior management and operational.
- Comprehensive range of advanced ICT skills particularly in the use of relational databases, spreadsheets and the automation of reporting from MIS.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in partnership with a range of local and national bodies to further the Council’s objectives.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with Senior Officers and partners that generate mutual confidence and respect.
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively with external partners and agencies and other LA’s.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Performance Analyst-Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.