- Pay Rate:
£400.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ELLESMERE PORT,
Full Job Title: Interim People Contracts Manager x2 - People Commissioning, Contracts and Quality Assurance Service
Reference no: W Cheshire 5208807
Post holder will be responsible for managing a large number of complex providers delivering public health and children's and young peoples contracts.
The People Commissioning, Contracts and Quality Assurance Service is responsible for the commissioning, delivery and management of key strategic contracts across the directorate.
A consistent approach to commissioning, sourcing and contract management will provide the Council with a resource to successfully commercially manage contracts, and to share this best practice across the wider organization where contracts are let. This is key to ensuring that agreed outcomes are delivered and relationships are developed to maximise the benefits of long term partnerships.
The post holder will lead and manage the implementation of robust contract management and quality assurance processes across the peoples directorate, partners and providers. The Contracts Manager will work closely with senior leadership team across the directorate, corporate colleagues and key stakeholders, including people who use are services and their Carers, to ensure robust contractual management of all commissions on behalf of the local authority and its partners.
The post holder with be responsible for contract management and quality assurance processes to ensure high quality, best value services that meet the needs of some of our most vulnerable residents.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree level or equivalent qualification or relevant professional experience commensurate with the role
- CIPS qualification – desirable
- Contract management qualifications - desirable
- Post graduate qualification in relevant field - desirable
- Project Management qualification – desirable
- Extensive professional experience in managing social care, public health or early intervention and prevention contracts
- Significant experience of working with public procurement contracts; including adult social care, public health and early intervention and prevention
- Considerable experience of working within the Adult Social Care arena and understanding of associated contract areas
- Significant experience of working at a senior level in a service-led environment with suppliers and developing, implementing and managing performance-based measures –
- Extensive experience working within UK Contracts Regulations, EU Procurement Law and contractual frameworks
- Proven experience of identifying, developing and delivering processes to manage quality and deliver service improvement across Peoples services
- Job Related Knowledge:
- Excellent understanding of all stages of the commissioning cycle, with reference to needs analysis, planning, designing, implementing and reviewing service change
- Excellent understanding of market development, analysis and shaping including different types of markets, supplier capabilities and future developments
- Commercial and financial awareness including applying pricing models for contracts including payment by results and performance schemes. Strong knowledge of Client Finance processes and procedures
- Understanding of an ability to use case management and provider payment systems, i.e. liquid logic, controcc -
- Knowledge of legislation and national and local developments affecting the services managed
- In-depth knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of health and social care regulators, i.e. CQC
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Must hold a valid driving licence
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim People Contracts Manager - Quality Assurance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.