- Pay Rate:
£33.23 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Interim Pensions Finance & Investment Manager – Finance
Reference no: W Cheshire 5212195
To lead the development, implementation and promotion of the Cheshire Pension Fund’s Investment Strategy and Responsible Investment Policy for the Fund’s £6.5bn of investments, including advising on key strategic issues relating to environmental, social and governance matters, mitigation of climate change risk and compliance with all relevant regulations.
To support the development of a sector leading pensions finance and accounting service through the management of a team of staff responsible for the provision of high quality accounting, budget and financial management, and advice, to the Cheshire Pension Fund; ensuring compliance with all relevant Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) and accounting regulations, policies and best practice.
The postholder will achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and make a real and demonstrable difference to the Cheshire Pension Fund, and its participating employers and members.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CCAB qualified with significant post qualification experience (Essential)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (Essential) Preferably in a numerate discipline.
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant management experience in a senior position
- Experience in preparing statutory financial statements - desirable
- Expert knowledge of LGPS and Local Government Accounting regulations, specifically those relating to investment management, taxation, fund valuation and actuarial matters
- Knowledge and understanding of the Council’s Financial Policies and Procedures and financial systems - desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and investment markets - desirable
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply complex statutory rules, processes and guidelines.
- The ability to undertake and interpret complex financial modelling and economic and investment forecasting and to understand and apply financial and investment risk management techniques.
- Ability to work to tight operational and regulatory deadlines
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with the Fund’s expert advisors (actuary, investment managers, investment consultants), and with senior managers and elected members on a wide range of technical and financial issues
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Pensions Finance & Investment Manager – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.