- Pay Rate:
£23.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ROMFORD, LONDON,
Interim Pensions Accountant
Job Ref: Havering RQ645900
To undertake all accounting for the Pension Funds of the three authorities complying with statutory requirements
- To undertake proper accounting for all Pension Fund transactions.
- To prepare all Pension Fund accounts, their submission to audit and to deal with audit queries as part of the closure of accounts process.
- To provide financial advice and support to the Pension Committees and Pension Boards of the three councils.
- To prepare reports to members, senior stakeholders, the Pension Committees and Pensions Boards.
- To work with investment advisers on fund manager monitoring reports.
- To support the wider aspects of the closure of accounts process ensuring relevant guidance and legislation are adhered to
- To support the relevant aspects of the budget development and strategy processes
- To develop complex forecasting and modelling tools
- Undertake the impact assessment of complex reports, policies and procedures
- Perform cashflow forecasting and risk management of the Pension Fund’s expenditure and income streams
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Has knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that support safeguarding children and adults activity, and communicates this to their staff
- Is aware of and challenges, if necessary, organisational cultures that may lead to poor practice in safeguarding adults and children
- Shows clear understanding of their role in identifying and reporting concerns regarding adult or child abuse (*Adult and Children’s Services)
- Is a clear and persuasive communicator, using influencing and negotiating skills when necessary
- Actively listens to, respects and values the view of others
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Pensions Accountant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.