- Pay Rate:
£21.84 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months, with the possibility of extension
- Romford, Essex,
Interim Payroll Team Lead
Reference no: Havering RQ773055
Pay Rate: £21.84 per hour PAYE
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
A Team Leader is required to manage performance (service, productivity, quality) of a Payroll Team, delivering the day-to-day relevant transactional services to all and deliver a quality Payroll Service.
- Identify and deliver savings through different ways of working e.g., process redesign, maximising the use of I.T, reduce duplication, self-service.
- Financial/Resources responsibility for completing complex financial transactions in accordance with legislative and operational procedures.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise and knowledge of relevant matters ensuring that this is disseminated to relevant people.
- Responsible for providing the lead on complex advice and for complex query and process resolution in accordance with legislation, operational procedures, in relation to Payroll.
- Accountable for delivering transactional Payroll service that ensures customer satisfaction.
- Manage the process of salary payments ensuring that all matters relating to payroll are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- Be a source of guidance and advice on all payroll matters to manager and employees and external customers.
- Ensuring the reconciliation of payments against source system
- Lead on reconciliation and balancing of several payrolls, year-end processing, and monitoring of the payroll budget; identifying efficiencies that can be made.
- Manage the scheduling & setting up of pay runs, in co-operation with IT and Finance service areas and authorising the BACS transmission for payment.
- Ensure the teachers pensions end of year/7 certificate is completed accurately and work with external auditors for sign off.
- Ensure that BACS recalls, returned credits are re-paid and that the pay system is amended accordingly.
- Deal with the more complex payroll enquiries from staff, external agencies, and internal service users.
- Consult with service users (internal and external) as to their changing service requirements; supporting the necessary procedural and system changes, this may necessitate travelling to various locations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of leading teams working to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in in a fast paced, results-focused environment.
- Clear experience of using multiple software systems for processing business tasks and information and defining and analysing related reports.
- Experience of managing quality standards to ensure outputs are of the required standard.
- Experience of improving services to customers to meet their changing business needs.
- Proven experience and ability in interpreting and influencing customer needs and developing shared services to meet these needs.
- Experience of working efficiently, effectively, and accurately in a complex and busy Payroll setting.
- Experience of dealing effectively with customers face to face and on the telephone.
- Full and Extensive Knowledge of statutory legislation, National Conditions of Service and relevant Policy practice and procedures.
- Knowledge of National Conditions of Service and the relevant Policies and Procedures and how they relate to payroll provision.
- Knowledge of a range of payroll procedures and processing issues.
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and/or access to input and manipulate data.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace.
- Proficient in developing and implementing effective payroll processes, assessments and be able to evaluate their success.
- Ability to lead through example, achieve results through others, delegate and manage tasks, both within own team and across a broader multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working climate, good morale and cooperation respecting diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to make sound judgments on the information available and present it to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative and manage a significant and varied workload with competing demands.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Ability to prepare simple reports and documents.
- Ability to develop and maintain good, productive working relationships with managers and colleagues in a highly customer focused environment.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Payroll Team Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.