- Pay Rate:
£28 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
18, Monday – Friday, part-time hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Twickenham, London,
Interim Payroll and Pension Consultant (P/T)
Reference no: AHC RQ792870
Pay Rate: £28 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
As a Payroll and Pensions Coordinator you will provide support with the end-to-end preparation and processing of the monthly payrolls.
The role will work closely with the outsourced managed payroll and pension administrator provider (MHR).
- Navigate the HR and payroll system (iTrent) to complete payroll and pension information for onboarding new starters and managing leavers.
- Work with Finance colleagues, answering questions and queries related to payroll and pensions information and with our pension services to ensure pension details and returns are accurate and timely.
- Review reports and data to ensure monthly pay, absences, pension, deductions are accurate in preparation for BACS and finance approval.
- Review absence records across the system and check these are accurate with managers to ensure the data is accurate for system reporting, and payroll runs.
- Where organisational policy or statutory changes occur, the post holder will work with the managed payroll service to make system amendments.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPP qualified or equivalent.
- Knowledge of relevant up to date legislation and statutory requirements.
- Demonstrable, relevant experience in a payroll office in a similar working environment.
- Experience in Payroll.
- Experience of processing holiday, sick and maternity pay and expenses.
- Experience in managing payroll, managing payroll reports, and identifying issues.
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy as well as the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to create payroll policies and procedures.
- Strong IT skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Payroll and Pension Consultant (P/T)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.