- Pay Rate:
£218.52 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WOOLWICH, LONDON,
Interim Parking Adjudications Manger
Job Ref: Greenwich RQ675305
Pay Rate: £218.52 per day PAYE
Accountable to the Head of Parking Services for the effective management of the Adjudication Team. This includes leading a small team in defending adjudication appeals, issuing charge certificates, registering debts and instructing enforcement agents resulting from non-payment of Penalty Charge Notices
- Agree objectives and performance standards with the Head of Parking Services. Achieve goals through the effective management of oneself and the staff resources allocated and demonstrate achievement through the provision of regular performance monitoring information and statistics.
- To assist with the recruitment and management of staff undertaking parking adjudication duties in accordance with the enabling legislation, Traffic Management Orders, Codes of Practice, and Council policy. Maintain awareness of development and changing legal requirements.
- Developing and implementing accordingly the adjudication service to meet new objectives set by the Council in response to legislation.
- Deputising for and taking on management and decision making responsibilities of the Head of Parking Services as necessary. This includes representing the Service and the Council at internal and external meetings, agreeing spend, assessing annual leave requests, managing staff sickness etc.
- In association with the Head of Parking Services, review existing procedures and working methods. Develop, agree and formalise new procedures/ work instructions to improve the quality and efficiency of administrative processes. Train staff and implement agreed administrative procedures and keep appropriate records
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree level or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of parking legislation including the TMA 2004, the RTA 1991, TSRGD 2002 and LLC &TFL acts
- Experience of leading teams in the provision and management of Parking services including on and off street parking provision and the enforcement of parking and moving traffic contraventions
- Experience of managing contracts and other agreements
- Well-developed people-management skills, including the ability to deal effectively with staff sickness and disciplinary issues including the ability to conduct disciplinary, Hearings and appeals on behalf of services across the Council
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Parking Adjudications Manger
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.