- Pay Rate:
£22.35 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month until further notice
- Camden, London,
Interim Operations Manager - Transport
Reference no: Camden RQ522743
Enhanced DBS required for this role
An Operations Manager is required for the Council’s accessible transport service responsible for a wide range of transport related services including; the provision of accessible buses for children and adults, taxi bookings, fleet maintenance, MOT service, Driver training, fuel provision and manages a range of concessionary travel schemes.
The Engineering Team is responsible for the management of the Council’s fleet of vehicles (circa 330), ensuring compliance is maintained through planned vehicle inspections and scheduled maintenance tasks. The Operations Manager will take a lead in managing the workshop, MOT Centre and scheduled works. The Operations Manager will also support the Engineering Manager with regards to Health and Safety inspections and compliance within the depot.
The Operations Manager will manage the day-to-day engineering resources within the workshop and Depot under their control to ensure the provision of enough vehicles at the required standard of serviceability, reliability and presentation to meet operational requirements in full. To achieve this in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner; measured by the achievement of all applicable engineering KPIs.
- Ensure that enough serviceable vehicles are always available to meet operational requirements.
- Organise, allocate, control and monitor engineering and logistics activity making use of company management systems such as Truckfile.
- Exercise close financial control and ensure garage engineering outputs are achieved within budget and ensuring value for money when purchasing parts or equipment.
- Initial investigation of technical problems at local level, involving external Suppliers as appropriate.
- Supervise a team of staff members within the workshop and office support function; instilling a culture of positive customer experience.
- Utilise technology as a means of managing vehicle compliance and expenditure per vehicle, based upon accuracy of inputted data.
- Actively participate in continual service improvement within CATS and as part of the Engineering Team.
- Manage the MOT service and to support the realisation of the agreed annual income target for the MOT service.
- Ensure that Driver checks and minibus / O Licence training requirements are managed in line with the relevant statutory guidelines, within the remit of the role and in conjunction with other managers.
- Support the Engineering Manager, when procuring vehicles, fuel or other services or equipment.
- Actively manage a system for maintenance, inspection and repair of vehicles and equipment, ensuring that all aspects of vehicle maintenance are maintained; including MOTs for both O Licence and non-O Licence vehicles.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Providing technical and vehicle related advice, reports, analysis and information for the effective operation of the Council’s fleet.
- Managing a team of staff members, working to tight deadlines and guided by performance indicators.
- Managing a service(s) for members of the public and using feedback from customers to help shape the service.
- Experience of mandatory, legal paperwork associated with bus operations in the London environment.
- Effective liaison with suppliers and monitoring contracts against agreed measures.
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements and experience of inducting and teaching staff members how to comply.
- Using IT systems to collect performance and compliance data, to support staff management and improved service delivery.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Operations Manager – Accessible Transport Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.