- Pay Rate:
£28.74 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Full Job Title: Interim Occupational Therapist – Practice Management
Reference no: Slough RQ606287
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To provide leadership to and management of the Reablement and OT department, taking overall responsibility for the quality of service delivery, patient outcomes and being wholly responsible for service development.
- Create a culture where everyone is encouraged to learn from mistakes, receive and give constructive feedback and learn from and with each other
- To supervise Senior Occupational Therapists to achieve high standards of performance within the context of locality based care and in accordance with the Council’s policy procedure and in line with legislation.
- Ensure CQC compliance of the RRR service in line with CQC regulations
- Promoting therapeutic best practice using an evidence based approach
- Ensure the council’s objectives and priorities are aligned with the teams objectives and priorities
- The implementation of effective systems to manage the allocation of work to meet identified carer and user needs and the changing demand on resources
- To ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to promote efficient service delivery of DFG grants for major adaptations
- To audit activity completed in the team and ensure case recordings and written communications meet departmental objectives, key performance indicators and standards providing assurance to senior management of the teams performance and CQC compliance
- To ensure ongoing arrangements (where appropriate) are reviewed and monitored in accordance with the Government and departmental procedures and contractual agreements.
- To ensure the professional development of staff via supervision, appraisal and support identifying training and development needs.
- To ensure the appropriate and effective use of budgets and resources in accordance with the departments criteria and priorities and to assist the Group manager in the monitoring and expenditure and identification of the service/resource deficits.
- To work in partnership with partners in health, social care, housing and other partner agency colleagues in the development and implementation of the service.
- To provide support to those with an allocated caseload to take into account the broader occupational health responsibilities and provide a high standard of advice and support.
- To chair planning meetings and in some cases case conferences, as appropriate, for the teams and agree delegated authorities.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional Qualification in Occupational Therapy (Diploma or degree)
- Registered with the HCPC as an Occupational Therapist
- Evidenced experience of professional and personal development following achievement of professional qualification, a minimum of 2 years’ post-qualification
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of working with adults
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Health, Housing and Social Care legislation and wider policy context.
- Significant up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the safeguarding of adults.
- Significant knowledge and experience of delivering adaptations through the Disabled Facilities Grant process.
- Significant knowledge of reablement to support and promote independence.
- Significant and up-to-date knowledge and experience of undertaking moving and handling assessments and writing moving and handling plans.
- Experience of contributing to the supervision of staff and taking part in professional supervision
- Skills & Abilities:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with people in a variety of ways and levels.
- Ability to professionally challenge
- Literate, numerate and good computer skills
- Ability to prioritise work and support others to do this.
- A self-starter, well organised person who is passionate about delivery of high quality customer-centric services.
- Must be able to write clear, accurate and evidence-informed documentation
- Fully fluent in spoken and written English
- IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Occupational Therapist – Practice Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.