- Pay Rate:
£25.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim NRSWA Inspector
Job Ref: WNC 9888
To undertake the inspection, recording and reporting of Street Works, Permits, Highway infrastructure and surface defects in accordance with street works legislation and associated regulations and code of practice and other relevant highways legislation
- Carry out and record Category A, B & C inspections in line with relevant legislation. Identifying, reporting and recording utility defects on the public highway. Downloading inspection data collected either electronically or in paper form. Meeting representatives from utilities companies to agree on section 72, 74 & 81 defects and remedials.
- Monitor the activities of utilities on the highway network. Assist in the development of traffic management measures as required. Deal with matters as required by the legislation and Councils permit scheme for road and street works.
- Support the resolution of customer complaints and queries by providing detailed information.
- Advise utilities, council staff and contractors undertaking private openings on the technical aspects including materials specification and construction methods detailed in the Code of Practice for reinstatements. Check that both supervisors and operatives present on-site carry accreditation.
- To ensure that the Statutory Undertakers adhere to Health and Safety legislation in relation to both on site working practices and aspects associated with work on the highway and safety of the travelling public. In particular, to ensure that Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual is adhered to. Close down sites contravening any legislation with regard to Health and Safety.
- To support the Highways and Street Works Co-ordinator/Manager in provision, management and Co-ordination of Street Works.
- To demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NRSWA Act 1991 Supervisor accreditation
- Working Knowledge of NRSWA, TMA and Highways Act
- Working Knowledge of inspection procedures and standards
- Experience of supervising works within the Highway
- Competent IT skills including word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with general public, external contractors and internal customers
- Ability to prioritise workload, work to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to negotiate with third parties to achieve required outcome
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim NRSWA Inspector
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.