- Pay Rate:
£388.12 per day PAYE, negotiable with the right experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months1
Interim Network & Infrastructure Engineer
Job Ref: MPS 0005 B8B5 / 1
Office-based role (occasional remote working not possible)
Clearance: DV only
This role will be part of a team of engineers covering 07:00-19:00 hrs weekdays and on call 247365 for critical support of the national infrastructure.
The post requires a flexible working approach to meet operational needs and some out of hours and weekend working may be occasionally required.
The post holder may be required to travel to sites around the UK to maintain the infrastructure. Occasionally this may be at short notice, as appropriate, to resolve critical issues.
To provide Network and Infrastructure technical support including operational and project tasks ensuring the national infrastructure is available, secure and supported to best practice standards to enable operations.
Day to day the post holder may need to use their judgement to highlight and risks relating to the technical infrastructure that may have a negative effect on services or operational staff. Whilst on call the individual may need to make decisions, based on supporting the technical infrastructure, that may impact live operations and they may need explain any impact or service outage to the relevant stakeholder whilst both parties are under pressure.
- Provide technical support for National infrastructure relating to BAU and Projects to ensure objectives are being met in line with priorities.
- Provide resilience and failover testing to ensure all managed Infrastructure is tested on a regular basis to ensure failover functions as designed.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure all services are maintained and knowledge is shared.
- Proactively maintain and update the infrastructure to ensure security and reliability.
- Proactively monitor environments to help prevent issues arising.
- Proactively monitor availability and capacity and resolve or escalate any issues as appropriate.
- Ensure change and release management processes and procedures are adhered to mitigate against unplanned downtime and service outages.
- Ensure internal and external standards are followed to ensure services are implemented in a supportable and scalable way.
- Ensure security procedures are followed to comply with the relevant accreditation, procedures and/or guidance.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Experience:
- CCNA qualification (desirable).
- Working in a technically diverse environment preferably as part of a shift rota.
- Working with service desk call management systems.
- Working within an ITIL service environment working to defined metrics and SLAs.
- Prioritising, executing tasks and achieving results in a busy Service Operation environment
Technical skills and experience:
- Cisco technologies including Routing, Switching, VoIP and
- Video Conferencing.
- Juniper and Cisco security and firewall devices.
- Load balancer technology.
- Cisco switching and routing hardware.
- Network security best practice.
- ITIL change management.
- Failover testing, resilience and redundancy methodology.
- Network and Infrastructure monitoring and automation tools.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- DV Clearance.
- UK Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Network & Infrastructure Engineer (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.