- Pay Rate:
Up to £60.00 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is until further notice, following an initial trial period of 2 weeks
Full Job Title: Interim NEC Project Manager – Street Lighting
Reference no: Bradford 5208913
Pro-actively deliver all aspects of assigned project(s) that offer best value for money and achieve budget targets.
Supervise a small team of technical staff.
- To act as the expert within the identified field of ECC NEC Project Management.
- To manage the delivery of construction projects in compliance with contract procedures and the council governance to ensure
- satisfactory outcomes are delivered.
- To manage delivery of individual schemes as required.
- To manage applications and construction cost and risk forecasts in accordance with the council’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain excellent, effective working relationships with contractors, stakeholders, key strategic partners, and operational teams.
- Manage own workload and the resources required to ensure successful service delivery.
- Promote and deliver improved communication with individual residents, communities, other local authorities and key stakeholders
- Provide necessary information for performance management measures
- Remain contemporary with legislation and best practice, and ensure that relevant initiatives are adopted to develop the effectiveness of the service
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree level qualification (Level 6) in civil engineering or construction related discipline or substantial demonstrable experience in management and delivering significant project/programmes (e.g. major infrastructure programmes, construction projects, complex property or regeneration projects).
- Management qualification (Level 3 (e.g. ILM 3) (or equivalent) or significant management experience within a similar work place
- Qualified to Chartered or equivalent level as required of the role and member of an appropriate professional body
- Qualified up to date to accredited ECC NEC Project Management
- Substantial experience working within NEC suite of contracts.
- A sound knowledge of the latest legislative and contract requirements as they relate to the identified specialist field
- A sound knowledge of highway construction, safety and construction methodology
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim NEC Project Manager – Street Lighting
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.