- Pay Rate:
up to £628.55 per day PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- West Brompton, London,
Interim National Infrastructure Lead
Job Ref: MPS 0006 50E6 / 1
DV (STRAP) Clearance
The post holder may be required to travel to sites around the UK
The National Infrastructure Lead will report to the Architecture and Security Design Authority (aka Chief Technical Architect) to provide Infrastructure technical design and support expertise for a range of ICT Projects and the overall Infrastructure Architecture. This role is vital to ensure the National infrastructure is built, designed and architected to ensure that it is secure and efficient in use.
This role requires a flexible working approach and for the post holder to be self-motivated to help ensure that the various environments are well architected and documented.
- Document current and future infrastructure designs.
- Work with projects and Solution architects to ensure that these are aligned to the Strategic vision.
- Develop Strategies in the infrastructure space and align these will the Application and network/Security leads.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience and knowledge of the Government Security Classifications levels and an understanding of the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework.
- At least 2 years recent experience of working on network server designs in a secure environment.
- Good understanding of project management principles and in particular risk and issue management.
- Experienced in effectively transferring knowledge and skills to junior staff.
- Ability to prioritise, execute tasks and achieve results against competing project demands.
- Experience in writing Design Documentation suitable for accreditation at IL5.
- Experience of working with Accreditor to ensure the design meets the needs of the security standards being applied for IL5.
- Expert knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL server.
- Enterprise class Microsoft Windows environment with following key technologies: Windows Server / Microsoft SQL server / Active Directory / GPO / High Availability services. / Thin Client/thick client / Windows Hyper V / VMWare ESX Virtualisation technologies.
- Active Directory certificate services and integration with RSA Tokens.
- SAN hardware
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of network skills, Routing Switching, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and NTP
- Understanding of TOGAF or another Architecture framework
- Familiarity with standards, hardware, software, communications circuits, protocols, security countermeasures and management mechanisms.
- Some knowledge of Linux (or *nix systems).
- TOGAF qualified.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certified.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- DV (STRAP) Clearance.
- Desirable - Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim National Infrastructure Lead - ICT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.