- Pay Rate:
PAYE equivalent of £20.68 per hour LTD
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
Peterborough City Council required a temporary market manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the city market.
Reporting to the programme manager you will also assist them with the relocation of current traders on the market to a new location on a tight timescale.
- Day to day operational management of city market this will involve dealing with issues such as rent reviews, markets trader engagement, formulation of trader's contracts, and dealing with any breaches of contract and liaising with external contractors to ensure smooth running of the market.
- To assist the programme manager with the relocation of the market on a tight timescale. This will include working with other agencies/department to provide the best solution for a market as well as maintaining positive relationship with market traders and protecting PCC public image.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Experience of complex relationship management
- Negotiation skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.