- Pay Rate:
up to £203.50 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-6 months
Interim Major Works Manager
Job Ref: 9405 27/06/22
To lead and supervise the Asset Management team in providing a professional and technically competent service
- To assist the Property Services Manager in creating a management culture that is customer-focused, forward-looking and flexible.
- To lead and supervise the Major Works team in providing a professional and technically competent service.
- To develop a performance culture within the Major Works team which will involve setting targets, monitoring key areas of team activity and benchmarking.
- To allocate work assignments and provide effective supervision to staff within the Major Works team.
- To undertake staff PRDs, one to ones and sickness monitoring for the Major Works team.
- To assist the Property Services Manager in providing an appropriate training programme for staff within the team.
- To develop, implement and review a project management methodology for major projects
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold a relevant professional qualification, degree or equivalent capability
- Up-to-date knowledge of building construction, building services, health and safety, relevant statutory requirements and procurement processes
- Working Knowledge of Health and Safety and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Experience of working in building surveying with a local authority housing department or housing association
- Experience of housing maintenance /asset management in a local authority or housing association
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to produce clear, concise and persuasive written reports and letters on complex issues
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Major Works Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.