- Pay Rate:
£24 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Light Vehicle Mechanic x3
Reference no: Nottingham 1004353013451615
Shift is 07:00am to 15:00pm and 09:00am to 17:00pm Monday to Thursday (With 14:30pm and 16:00pm finish on a Friday)
A Light Vehicle Mechanic is needed to MOT Test and maintain, inspect, repair and test Class 4, 5 (light) and 7 vehicles for both internal and external customers.
- Maintain, inspect, repair and test Class 4, 5 (light) and 7 vehicles for both internal and external customers.
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Use diagnostics equipment and Autodata to quickly diagnose and fix faults.
- Carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
- Attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required.
- Prepare and decommission vehicles - fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories, and livery.
- Work as a team to ensure and workshop objectives are met.
- Carry out class 4 and 7 MOT and taxi inspections.
- Ensure that all associated records are updated promptly, accurately, and effectively using the fleet management software system.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- City & Guilds level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles, or equivalent.
- Qualified to DVSA MOT Testing.
- Willing to train to obtain an MOT testers qualification for class 4 and 7 vehicles.
- Knowledge of workshop health and safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and 12/24v electric systems.
- Experience of conducting maintenance, inspection, repair, and test services for diverse range of minibuses, light vehicles and road-going plant.
- Experience of working with all aspects of light vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Experienced MOT tester (desirable).
- Experience in welding (desirable).
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet strict deadlines.
- A good standard of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to ensure that all associated records are updated promptly, accurately, and effectively using the fleet management software system.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence with category B entitlement.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Light Vehicle Mechanic x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.