- Pay Rate:
Up to £22.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Interim Lettings Team Leader - Housing
Reference no: Cambridge 5228165
Pay Rate: Up to £22.03 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 5 months
An Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
You will be based at one of 3 locations or at such other places of employment as required. Hybrid working is encouraged and services will be delivered from the most appropriate location, whether physical or virtual, with agreement from the line manager.
To be responsible for managing and motivating the team to ensure effective delivery of customer focussed services on time and within budget.
To be responsible for managing and being responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of the letting of residential properties including assisting tenants moving in/out and maximining overall rental income.
Role Specific Responsibilities include:
- Undertake the day-to-day management of the Lettings team, ensuring the efficient and effective coordination of the lettings process in order to achieve the annually set performance targets for reletting properties
- Provide robust line management and practical support to the Lettings team
- Be responsible for the void management and tenancy start-up for all properties including liaising with internal Voids team to minimise void times and maximising income through sustainable tenancies
- Be responsible for ensuring that properties are advertised on Homelink as quickly as possible, and properties are shortlisted in a timely manner once the advert is closed
- Provide a high level of customer service, including assisting tenants moving in and out of properties and offering customer advice and information about other aspects relating to their tenancy. Accompany tenants/prospective tenants to view empty properties and completing the sign-up process of new tenancies with tenants
- Ensure that there is full collaboration on the handover of new properties
- Effectively manage the capacity of the service and anticipate the impact of changes within internal or external services that may impact on the Lettings team
- Investigate and resolve complex customer complaints and to respond to enquiries from elected Councillors, MPs, solicitors and advice agencies
- Build relationships with other specialist services including both statutory and non-statutory services to provide support as required. Respond to and refer appropriately any safeguarding issues which arise
- Provide support, guidance and specialist advice to the Customer Service Team on all aspects of Lettings management
- Participate in fundamental service reviews and continuous improvement programmes
- Ensure confidentiality at all times in all matters relating to any work or communication
- “Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A good standard of education
- Relevant qualifications
- Providing customer focussed services
- Experience of working in Tenancy Management or in similar enforcement or community development roles and achieving measurable results and continuous improvement.
- Experience of first line management or coaching/mentoring of peers by demonstrating you can motivate others to achieve desired outcomes. Having an awareness of own impact on others.
- Experience of working on own initiative, taking ownership of issues, managing a large workload and appropriate delegation of tasks.
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and up to date benefits legislation
- Previous tenant/customer liaison experience by demonstrating an ability to build effective relationships, influencing others to gain support for ideas and commitment to a particular action. Encourages and values the contribution of all people; recognises the benefits of difference by demonstrating a healthy regard for customers and customer service.
- Experience of needs/risk assessment and support planning
- Operational understanding of relevant Housing Law and awareness of housing management best practice.
- Experience of working in the private rented/social housing lettings sector (desirable)
- Experience of visiting customers in a face to face setting – in a service setting and/or in their homes (desirable)
Knowledge and Skill:
- Able to inspire trust, confidence, respect and credibility from a range of people.
- Ability to manage and develop staff.
- Ability to identify risk to both tenants and staff.
- Good standard of numeracy and the ability to do arithmetical calculations.
- Able to deal effectively with performance, conduct and absence issues.
- Ability to respond positively to change and support new ways of working.
- Communicates in an effective and respectful manner.
- Awareness and understanding of diversity issues.
- Demonstrates knowledge of using computer based IT applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams and Outlook.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for decisions and actions and the consequences of these.
- Actively listens to and responds to customers sensitively and appropriately.
- Able to influence others to achieve service outcomes.
- Ability to travel between various sites in the City to undertake visits, meetings etc.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Lettings Team Leader - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.